During the 7-day period from 22-28 January 2021 in Shropshire:
- 677 new cases reported
- This was a decrease of 491 (42%) cases compared to the previous week
- The seven-day infection rate for Shropshire was 209.5 cases of COVID-19 per 100,000 of the population.
- For the West Midlands it was 339.7 per 100,000
- For England it was 279.7 per 100,000
- There were 9 COVID-19-related deaths in Shropshire hospitals
- 163 hospital beds at the Royal Shrewsbury and Princess Royal Hospitals were occupied by COVID-19 patients
- 167 cases relate to people under the age of 30
- 104 cases relate to people aged 70+
- During the last week 33% of cases were in the Shrewsbury & Atcham area
- 34% were in north Shropshire
- 33% were in south Shropshire
For local advice and support during the pandemic (especially if you are self-isolating or shielding), call Shropshire Council’s COVID-19 Helpline on 0345 678 9028 (lines open on the weekend on Saturday from 9am-4pm and Sunday 9am-12pm) or visit our website at www.shropshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.