During the 7-day period between 12-18 March 2021:-
- 95 new cases reported
- This was a decrease of 12 cases (11%) compared to the previous week
- The seven-day infection rate for Shropshire was 29.4 cases of COVID-19 per 100,000 of the population.
- For the West Midlands it was 66.1 per 100,000
- For England it was 56 per 100,000
- 16 hospital beds were occupied by COVID-19 patients
- 11 COVID-19-related deaths at our hospitals
- 45 cases relate to people under the age of 30
- 3 cases relate to people aged 70+
- During the last week 28% of cases were in the Shrewsbury & Atcham area
- 54% were in north Shropshire
- 18% were in south Shropshire
The decline in confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Shropshire has started to slow down, after the rapid falls in recent weeks.