Coronation Celebrations 1953
PARISH OF HODNET
Plans for Coronation Celebrations, 1953
The Celebrations will be held on the Cricket Ground, commencing at 3 p.m. on Coronation Day, June 2nd, and will consist of:
1. Tea for all children up to the age of 6 years.
2. Distribution of mugs and sweets to children.
3. A programme of children’s sports and country dancing.
4. The provision of sideshows to entertain everyone.
5. Competitions for children – namely:
(a) Decorated Sticks.
(b) Decorated Bicycles.
(c) Fancy Dress.
Children to assemble at Hodnet School at 2-45 p.m., to parade to Cricket Ground.
6. Adult events – Over Fifty’s Race.
Tug of war (Teams of 8), entries as early as possible please to
Mr. R. Major, Hodnet Post Office.
Teas and refreshments will be on sale on the ground.
7. Open Air Dancing (Old Tyme and Modern) on the Cricket Ground, weather permitting, from 8 p.m. until 9-30, followed by a Dance in the Lyon Hall until midnight.
Buses will be available to transport Parishioners from outlying districts to the celebrations.
Details of these and further details of the celebrations will be given in due course on Notices displayed at the following points:- Hodnet Parish Notice Board; The Square, Hodnet; The Post Offices at Hodnet, Marchamley, Wollerton and Peplow.