This is taken directly from the Shropshire Council website:
During the 7-day period from 30 October – 5 November 2020 in Shropshire:
- 677 new cases reported
- This was an increase of 157 cases compared to the previous week
- The seven-day infection rate for Shropshire was 209.5 cases of Covid-19 per 100,000 of the population.
- For the West Midlands it was 304.1 per 100,000
- For England it was 240.5 per 100,000
- 108 cases relate to 20-29-year olds
- 87 of cases relate to people aged 70+
- We have seen an increase in outbreaks linked to schools and workplaces
- During the last week 42% of cases were in the Shrewsbury & Atcham area
- 24% were in North Shropshire
- 34% in South Shropshire
- There are positive cases in every ward across Shropshire
The testing rate in Shropshire is still lower than many places across the country. People with symptoms of coronavirus – no matter how mild – are being encouraged to book a COVID-19 test as soon as possible.
Local testing sites can be found at:
- Beatrice Street Car park,, Oswestry, SY11 1QW
- Whitchurch Rugby Club, 21 Edgeley Road, Whitchurch SY13 1EU
- London Road Car Park, Shrewsbury, SY2 6NS
Testing is available for anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19, such as a high temperature, a new cough, or a change in sense of taste or smell, or thinks they may have the virus.
Tests can be booked for yourself or any member of your household. Residents can register by calling NHS Test and Trace on 119 or by clicking here.